85 Best Lyrics From 'Speak Now' (Taylor's Version) For Instagram Captions

May 2024 · 6 minute read

Taylor Swift’s Speak Now (Taylor’s Version) is upon us — meaning fans will have dozens of new lyric ideas for their Instagram posts this summer. It also means fans will get a chance to bask, once again, in the glow of the songs from the original 2010 album. The singer-songwriter’s songs feel both universal and intimate at the same time, so it’s only natural for Swifties to turn to her lyrics when posting on social media. And whether you’re having the best time of your life or going through some summertime blues, there’s a lyric to fit the mood.

In Speak Now, for instance, Swift writes about falling in love as well as heart-wrenching breakups. She reportedly wrote about John Mayer and their relationship from when she was 19 years old. The Grammy winner also alludes to her short-lived romance with Joe Jonas in “Better Than Revenge.” Meanwhile, “Back To December” is about everyone’s favorite ex, Taylor Lautner who, ICYMI, is praying for Mayer.

Her work also features storybook-esque imagery, creating fairytales and epics in the mundane. In “The Story Of Us,” she literally writes about a relationship falling apart as a reader moves on to the next chapter. The imagery of strings of lights and rainstorms is romantic. In her final track on the OG album, “Long Live,” she writes about her relationship with her fans, praising their love and dedication to her craft. And then, of course, there’s “Enchanted.”

Her From The Vault tracks on this album don’t disappoint either, telling stories of forever romance, right person/wrong time relationships, and even containing potential Easter eggs connecting to other songs in her catalog. “I had to be ruthless with my choices, and I left behind some songs I am still unfailingly proud of now. Therefore, you have 6 From The Vault tracks!” Swift said in an Instagram post, regarding the new songs.

Without further ado, here are 85 Speak Now (Taylor’s Version) quotes to use for your Instagram captions celebrating her latest release.

“Mine”

“Sparks Fly”

“Back To December”

“Speak Now”

“Dear John”

“Mean”

“The Story Of Us”

“Never Grow Up”

“Enchanted”

“Better Than Revenge”

“Innocent”

“Haunted”

“Last Kiss”

“Long Live”

“Ours”

“Superman”

“Electric Touch” (featuring Fall Out Boy) (From The Vault)

“When Emma Falls In Love” (Taylor’s Version)

“I Can See You” (Taylor’s Version)

“Castles Crumbling” (featuring Hayley Williams) (From The Vault)

“Foolish One” (From The Vault)

“Timeless” (From The Vault)

Get Even More From Bustle — Sign Up For The Newsletter

From hair trends to relationship advice, our daily newsletter has everything you need to sound like a person who’s on TikTok, even if you aren’t.

More like this

ncG1vNJzZmivp6x7o8HSraOeZpOkunCxza2cq6yRnruusc2tZq2ZqaG8s3nSsKCfrF2ovaatymalqK9dqa66uM6rqmaulafAqrvNZqOyqpmYwG61zayrmp%2Bilrpur8Cpq6Knnqg%3D